Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The mood: Revenge.


So ABC has this wonderful new show Revenge that I’m just plain addicted to. So much so I watched 9 episodes in a day and a half. I tend to overindulge in things I love…. If you havent watched it you should. It’s the perfect nighttime soap opera and has that girl from Everwood. (side note: Everwood was ‘set’ in Colorado) The best part, the show has some kick ass music! I’ve discovered 3 news bands that have a great mellow, haunting vibe to them. Two qualities I’m a big fan of. Take this mix as a little sampling what you might be missing out Wednesday nights.

Little Dragon – “Twice”
They’re from Sweden, you cant go wrong there. “Twice” is from their self-titled debut albumn. The rest of album is a great mixture of blues, pop, and little rock accompanied by Yukimi Nagano soulful voice. Her voice gives me the same feeling hoemade mac and cheese does. So comforting.

Agnes Oble – “Riverside”
I dare you to listen to this song and not feel the little hairs on the back of you neck not jump. This song is creepy but oh so beatiful at the same time.

Angus and Julia Stone – “For You”
I believe this song was played during all the promos for the show? I’m not sure but I love the guitars and how she sings universve. It starts off slow but builds itself into a frenzy.

Gotye – “Somebody I uesd to Know”
This song is not from the show, but it fits in while with the pervious songs. This verse is what hooked me: “Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over/But had me believing it was always something that I'd done/And I don't wanna live that way/Reading into every word you say/You said that you could let it go/And I wouldn't catch you hung up on somebody that you used to know


Get it here: 
http://www.sendspace.com/file/ykux6n




No comments:

Post a Comment