Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It's a new year, so there's that.

Holly smokes it’s been far too long! It’s not that I’ve been ignoring this blog, I actually think about it quite a bit in my day-to-day life. That probably makes me one of the biggest nerds around, but we’re not here to discuss that today. We're here for the music. I held off anything new since I'm an organizing freak. I wanted to actually upload a mix instead of relying on youtube again. And with a new computer there was formatting, re-organizing, and getting used to working with Mac instead of Windows. All really blah, boring stuff unless you're me and well, you're probably not.
Now I'm heading down a path I wasn't planning on. Let try this again.

Music


I couldn't come with a good enough theme for this mix so I'm just going to go with the playlist it came from. Just about every month i start a new place simply titled the month and year. Sometimes there's an underlying theme other times its just a mix of song i really like at the time. Most of the time its song i just happen to be obsessed at the moment. I get into a couple songs and play the hell out of them for about a month. The good ones go on to be favorites, one I will always listen to and the rest are more one hit wonders. Sometimes you're just in the mood to for something that's not always you're 'type'.I love keeping track this way so i can go back and see what mood I was in for the particular month. some months are more embarrassing than others.


Below is January's play-list broken down into two different mixes. I split it up since half of the songs were more up beat while the others were more down-tempo and somber side.


January One
(http://www.sendspace.com/file/f9pzyq)Ingrid Michaelson - Parachute
I consider her the thinking girl's pop artist and this single is by far her popist. kinda sexy too and i have listened to it about 20 times since yesterday. Cheryl Cole from the UK's X-fator has a version of this song herself, but I love Ingrid a thousand times more

Kesha - We R Who We
R
I like Kesha, I will admit that, I will not put a dollar sign in her name tho. This is just good fun music. There's not point in analyzing it past that.

Metric - Blindness

If you haven't listened to anything by Metric before, you need to. Or if you watch Grey's you might have heard a bit of one of their songs here and there. It's good guilty stuff that no one should be missing out on. And they're damn good live too.


Fefe Dobson - Stuttering

I like her, she's Canadian and reminds me of myself, personality wise. Fun pop music and you can sing your little heart out to in the car.


Little Boots - Symmetry

If you like Bat for Lashes or Goldfrapp you'll enjoy Little Boots no matter what size shoes you wear.



January Two
(http://www.sendspace.com/file/68zs1c)
Citizen Cope - Sideways

1st time i really listened to this song was on a flight bound for Jersey. It was November, cold, and I was feeling homesick for the East Coast. So for me, this isn't just a love song about a person, but a whole way of life, friends, family, and skylines.


Ray LaMontagne - Sarah and Let it be Me

It's Ray LaMontagne! Just fabulous. He's the perfect long drive kind of music. Pretty sure at least one of his songs has been used in a car commercial- its that fitting. Enjoy!


The National - Anyone's Ghost

There is something old school about this band/ this song. I picture a group of grungy, bearded, plaid wearing but attractive guys jamming out in someone's 70s styled basement recording this song on someone cassette player. Sag carpet and lots of cigarette and other plant smoke fill the air. I totally think its hot.


Amy Winehouse - Tears Dry On Their Own
If you've forgot how amazing Ms. Winehouse's voice is and can only picture her drunken drug fueled ways here's a reminder. Man, I wish she could sober up just enough to record some new stuff. I don't care if she goes on a bender five seconds after its been mixed.

Greg Laswell - Comes and Goes (In Waves)

It's a repeat, but is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment