Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sh*t on the Radio…

I rarely listen to the radio on my own accord. I do pay attention to the billboard charts just to see what’s popular, but while I was away I spent a LOT of time listening to the radio. I could make the argument that the radio sucks and most popular music is over produced and, well crap. There aren’t enough hours in the day for that, but I did come up with a list of songs that you can hear on the radio right now that I think they’re pretty awesome. I normally have low standards for local radio stations so forever me is half of this is crap. J


Drake - (4 songs)

85% the time I couldn’t care less about hip hop. I think the majority of it is stupid, the language is horrible, and the use of my least favorite word is prevalent. With all that said, I LOVE LOVE LOVE Drake or JIMMMMMMMMY as I like to yell on a regular base. Who know the kid from a Canadian teen drama would have the music industry on its ear? So what if he uses his Blackberry to free style, its 2010, I know 10 year olds with Blackberries. I love what he has to say and how he says it. Dude sings his own hooks and does a damn good job.


Eminem feat Rihanna -“Love the Way you Lie”

Eminem falls into the 85% of hip hop I don’t listen to, but I do respect what he does. Even though his style of music isn’t always what I would listen to he does the angry, from a poor background, I cant handle my fame thing very well. Now this song is pretty damn depressing when you take the time to listen to the lyrics, but that’s what so amazing. I’m sure everyone has been in some sort of unhealthy relationship. Beside I think Rihanna kicks ass.


La Roux – Bulletproof

Fun lyrics, has the 80s vibe to it, a great girl inspiring song. Just an all around perfect summer jam.


Travis McCoy and Bruno Mars – Billionaire

Another fun summer song. Who wouldn’t want to be a billionaire? I’d be content with being a thousandaire. I’m also a sucker for any song that can name drop Oprah and not sounds like a douche.


Usher – OMG

If you want to feel like you at the Jersey Shore on a muggy hot Friday night play this song. It’s a perfect club song and you can easily pump your fist to it. Trust me, as someone who has a little Jersey girl inside and who was just at the shore, I did my fair share of fist pumping. Never did run into Pauly D or the Situation.


the mix

No comments:

Post a Comment